On the Dr Oz show
May is Hepatitis Awareness Month
What causes hepatitis?Read MoreClose
What about chronic hepatitis C?
Are there any specific foods useful to support liver function?
First off, it is important to reduce the stress on your liver! For a healthy liver:
- Don’t smoke
- Drink little or no alcohol
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid harmful chemicals, especially cleaning solvents and pesticides
- Saturated fats and refined sugar
- Drink at least 48 ounces of water each day
- Consume lots of vegetables and legumes for their high fiber and nutrient content
- Garlic, legumes, onions, eggs, and other foods with a high sulfur content.
- Good sources of water-soluble fibers, such as pears, oat bran, apples, and legumes
- Cabbage-family vegetables, especially broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage.
- Green foods like wheat grass juice, dehydrated barley grass juice, chlorella, and spirulina.
What supplements do you recommend to support liver function?
- RxOmega-3 Factors – A true pharmaceutical grade fish oil supplement. Take two capsules daily.
- Silybin Phytosome is a special extract of milk thistle bound to phosphatidylcholine. A growing body of scientific research indicates that Silybin Phytosome is better absorbed and produces better results than regular milk thistle extract. Silybin Phytosome is one of the most potent liver-protecting substances known. It protects the liver by:
- Acting as a direct antioxidant and free radical scavenger.
- Increasing the intracellular content of antioxidant compounds.
- Stimulating the formation of new liver cells to replaced those that are damaged.
How do I know if the recommendations are working?
Mind Your Ps and Qs
PQQ may be the perfect answer to preventing or reversing age-related mental decline.
What Exactly Does PQQ Do?
Are There Any Food Sources of PQQ?