What the Drug Companies Won’t Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn’t Know. Parts 1 & 2
Michael T. Murray, ND, is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine. Dr. Murray is a graduate, faculty member, and serves on the Board of Regents of Bastyr University. He is co-author of A Textbook of Natural Medicine, the definitive textbook on naturopathic medicine for physicians, as well as the consumer version—the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine.
He has also written over 40 other books, with over 6 million books in print, including The Complete Book of Juicing, Dr. Murray’s Total Body Tune-Up, The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines, The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, and his latest book, What the Drug Companies Won’t Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn’t Know. Dr Murray has also received 3 Lifetime Achievement awards from esteemed industry organizations.
Dr. Murray has lectured extensively to professional, trade organizations, and lay audiences on a wide range of topics for nearly 25 years. A highly skilled presenter, his encyclopedic knowledge and experience in tailoring lectures and all day workshops of highest interest to participants can be utilized to create a custom lecture experience for your organization. Listed below are just a few samples of lectures to choose from.
What the Drug Companies Won’t Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn’t Know
In this dynamic, provocative presentation, Dr. Murray addresses how the over reliance on prescription and over-the-counter medications has led us down a path of ill health. More than a critique of the problem, this lecture highlight the healing power of nature and how it can be used as a primary or supportive therapy in many common health conditions.
Here are just a few staggering facts:
- Adverse reactions to OTC and prescription drugs are estimated to kill over 100,000 Americans a year, making it the fourth leading cause of death in the United States behind cancer, heart disease, and strokes.
- While the U.S. by far has the highest per capita use of conventional medicines and uses over 40% of all of the drugs produced in the world each year, according to the World Health Organization we are 42nd in terms of life expectancy.
- In 1992, the average senior received 19.6 prescriptions per year, in 2005 that number had nearly doubled to 34.4.
Live Better Now! The Seven Steps to Wellness
While it is true that most of us desire to live longer, Dr. Murray has found that what people are really interested in is how to live better now. In this lecture, Dr. Murray explains that our health reflects an interplay of all the various facets of our lives. Dr. Murray crystallizes the salient points from his extensive understanding of what creates a more passionate life with high level wellness including. He utilizes stories including many experiences with his patients as well as provocative research to highlight the key points in helping participants take the following steps to a better life.
- Step 1 – Incorporate spirituality in your life
- Step 2 – Develop a positive mental attitude
- Step 3 – Focus on establishing positive relationships
- Step 4 – Follow a healthy lifestyle
- Step 5 – Be active and get regular physical exercise
- Step 6 – Eat a health promoting diet
- Step 7 – Support your body through proper nutritional supplementation and body work
How to Live Hunger Free Forever
Scientists, researchers, and physicians have finally discovered that the magical key to effective and lasting weight loss is not deprivation, but rather increasing the feelings of pleasure and satisfaction. In this compelling lecture, Dr. Murray describes the “Holy Grail” to achieving and maintaining your ideal body weight is a simple approach that involves maximizes the feeling of satiety. The Hunger Free Forever program is dramatically different from any other weight loss diet or strategy.
Dr. Murray points out achieving ideal body is not about dieting or food deprivation, it is all about eliminating excessive hunger and increasing the feelings of pleasure and satisfaction from food. He details his revolutionary approach by providing the vital keys to restoring normal appetite control – whether you want to lose 5 pounds or 200 pounds.