Michael Murray, N.D. & Joseph Pizzorno, N.D. with Lara Pizzorno, M.A., L.M.T.
912 Pages / Hardcover
From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything edible.
As countless studies have affirmed, diet plays a major role in both provoking and preventing a wide range of diseases. But just what is a healthy diet? What does the body need to stay strong and get well? In The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, Michael Murray, N.D., and Joseph Pizzorno, N.D., two of the world’s foremost authorities on nutrition and wellness, draw on an abundant harvest of data to present the best guide available to healthy eating.
Grounded in rigorous research, The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods offers health-conscious eaters scores of vital facts at their fingertips. Throughout, Drs. Murray and Pizzorno make learning about proper nutrition fascinating, with historical tidbits and discoveries from the laboratory. And they make practicing it easy and enjoyable, with tips on selecting, storing, and preparing all kinds of healthful foods, plus quick, inventive, and delicious recipes.
Sweeping in scope and rich in detail, this indispensable reference and inspiring guide has the immediately accessible, authoritative information anybody needs to make healthier food choices.
Let The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods teach you how to:
- design a safe diet
- use foods to stimulate the body’s natural ability to rejuvenate and heal
- discover the role that fiber, enzymes, fatty acids, and other dietary components
- have in helping us live healthfully
- understand which food prescriptions will help you safely treat more than 70 specific ailments, including acne, Alzheimer’s disease, immune system depression, insomnia, migraine headaches, PMS, and rheumatoid arthritis
- prepare foods safely in order to prevent illness and maximize health benefits
- select, store, and prepare all kinds of healthful foods
Providing the best natural remedies for everyday aches and pains, as well as potent protection against serious diseases, The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods is a required daily health reference.